Monday, September 14, 2009

Monkey bars 1 - Sophia 0


Oh boy, I got my first call from the nurses office. "There was an accident on the playground, and you need to come pick Sophia up. She is okay, but there is a lot of blood and a lot of swelling"

Oh man, my stomach dropped. She had fallen off the monkey bars and landed on her face. When I got there she was okay and not crying, but the poor kid looked even worse than these pictures. The swelling had gone down a lot by the time we got home. No broken bones, loose teeth or concussion and nothing that will leave a scar-all and all not that bad. But man it was tough to get that phone call. I know they will get hurt, but if they could just do it while with me I would be able to deal with it much better!


2 comments:

Aunt Betsy said...

Oh dear...how awful! It's still the most beautiful face ever though!

Anonymous said...

Are we being punished for not making a lot of comments?