Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day Of Kindergarten and No Tears!

That's right- I didn't cry! Either did Sophia, but I wasn't worried about her. She has been ready and waiting for this day since she was about oh, 2 years old. I don't even think she was nervous. The only time she even mentioned nerves was at dinner last night when we were talking about the bus. But the conversation seemed very contrived and like she was saying what she thought she should be saying, or what she heard other kids say. She woke up this morning, put in her very specific lunch order, hopped around the house and smiled from ear to ear.

We went outside to wait for the bus with the boys across the street and I noticed a little bit of fear in her eyes as we heard the bus noises around the corner. But once that bus pulled up she was in it before we even said goodbye, she didn't even look back and wave. Not one look, not one I love you Mommy and Daddy, not one peek out the window, nothing...This means one of 2 things either we have done a great job as parents and create a strong, well adjusted, happy little girl that is ready to embrace the next adventure life has to offer, or we are so awful and boring that she couldn't wait to get away from us. I'm going with with the first option!

Waiting for the bus...

What thoughts are in that little head???

I hear the bus!!! Wide eyed and ready.

There it is...

Watching it pull up with excited eyes and nervous hands fidgeting with backpack straps...

Jumps on the bus! Yippee...

Bye Sophia, my little kindergartner.
It was at this point I hoped for a little look back, a wave, one lone tear proving she would miss me a little, but no I got nothing...
Great job Sophia, I love you.
Next adventure- Abby starts preschool tomorrow...I fear there is a very different post looming.

4 comments:

Leah said...

test

Anonymous said...

She looks like a little lady! You have done a creat job! She is ready for the world! Good work mama! XOXO Jannine

Travis said...

yyeee hawww.

Aunt Betsy said...

i'm crying just looking at it! Her backpack is bigger than her!