Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Amusement Park Fun!!!

We went to The Great Escape with the whole crew (kids, us, my dad and Tina) this past weekend. The weather was perfect, the kids were awesome and we had a really fun time. To be honest, I was concerned it would be a disaster and I'm not sure why. My kids are usually very good in public, but I just thought over stimulation and long day would equal disaster. But I was wrong!
Sophia is now tall enough to go on 50% of the rides, which makes me really happy since I love amusement parks and my husband does not. So in the past few years I have had to ride alone like this...(Poor Soph was a few inches away from this one!)



But now I have a roller coaster partner!!!!



Sophia is amazing and has no fear. If she sees a challenge, she wants to conquer it-like the trampoline trapeze thing at the park.

***
Along the walk in the park I found somewhere I was drawn to. It gave me a sense of belonging and it was a place I knew I would be understood...
There was and old woman who lived in a shoe

She had so many children, she didn't know what to do...


***


Abby enjoys the rides also, she is more timid than Sophia, but she didn't let it stop her. I was surprised!


And my favorite part of the day...The Desperado Plunge...Rich and I got to ride with the girls- so much fun, but the best part was this hysterical picture!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time. No pics of your Dad on a ride? One correction, "there was a young woman who lived in a shoe, who despite the number of children always knew what to do"