Friday, August 7, 2009

Camping

Weather has SUCKED this summer! Rain has been the mainstay with occasional hail and random sun generally appearing at about 7:30 at night, just before bedtime. So I have had to be creative and do things like this...Camping in the family room equipped with fake fire to roast marshmallows.



Telling stories by the camp fire. I love the look on Abby's face in the 2nd shot! Notice the fire, I made it out of construction paper logs and tissue paper flames...sometimes I impress myself and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Checking to see if the marshmallow is done...

The beauty of camping in the family room is that you can watch a movie from the tent. Kind of like an indoor drive-in. For any mothers reading this post, if you recreate this event in your own home you can probably ride out the Best Mom in the World status for a good 2-3 days.
*At about 10:30 pm Abby decided she wanted to sleep in her bed and Sophia decided she didn't want to sleep alone in the family room, so she went upstairs also. I think I could have gotten at least 2 more Best Mom in the World days if I had slept with them in the tent...but I just didn't want to and neither did Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great. When I was their age Ricky and I used to camp out in a chuck wagon in the living room.(Rawhide was a popular tv show in the dark ages) But we never had a camp fire or marshmallows.
mima

Anonymous said...

good work leah!~jannine