Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday SIMON and CHARLIE!!!!

WOW the boys are 1 today! I can't believe it. This year has been a blur. I remember saying to Rich "the first year will be the hardest, we just have to make it a year". Well, that year has come and gone and I have to say it was hard, but not as hard as I imagined. I think the shock and fear of having twins made me imagine the worst and fear complete and total mayhem. Yes, there were sleepless nights (and still are sometimes), days I thought would never end and a couple of times I just broke down and cried (but only a couple-really!!!) oh yeah, my house is a disaster too. But for the most part it has been great! I think we were meant to have a big family because it just works!

When I was pregnant I feared that each morning I would wake up and frantically tread water all day until the kids went to sleep, just to wake up the next morning and keep from drowning all day again. (I'm going to pat myself on the back here...)It isn't that way at all! We enjoy the days and go out and about when we want to. I'm not trapped in my house as I had feared, I get dinner on the table most nights and sometimes I even shower! We have fun and we make it work!

Happy Birthday my handsome boys I love you! (Check back later for birthday cake pictures!)

No comments: