Monday, March 16, 2009

The McGillicutty Sisters

The girls love to pretend, they create characters and are very specific with details and names and personalities in their make believe lives. Abby tends to get into character and stay there for a few hours, only responding to the characters name and acting exclusively as the character. Today she is Wendy. Sophia doesn't have as much staying power, but she is generally the detail/idea girl and she remembers everything about the characters she creates, which means the characters repeat and are used in specific situations. One of my favorite reoccurring characters is Wanda Sparkles "The Superstar", I do however fear that Wanda Sparkles is a perfect a name for a feature dancer in a strip club... as long as she isn't still pretending to be Wanda in High School we should be fine.
This weekend two new characters were created...Gloria McGillicutty and her little sister Shirley McGillicutty. I have no idea where these names came from (book, T.V.), maybe they are just getting into the St. Patrick's Day spirit. These characters aren't very developed yet, but I have a feeling the will resurface due to the warm reception and laughter they got. Imagine Abby's funny little voice trying to pronounce McGillicutty - she gets the "Mc" and the "tty" the middle is a bit of tongue rolling and odd vowel sounds. I am fully expecting The McGillicutty Sisters start speaking with a brogue and requesting corned beef and cabbage. Hmm I'm having a strange urge for a green beer. So I will end with an old Irish toast...

Ode to Beer
Of all my favorite things to do,
The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend,
with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer's so frosty, smooth, and cold
It's paradise, Pure liquid gold
Yes beer means many things to me
that's all for now
I gotta Pee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You my darling daughter better stay away from the beer. Causes many more side effects than peeing.

Mom