Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

2008
In my life with 4 children, I sometimes get caught up with the monotony of diapers, naps, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, baths...you get the picture. At times one week can seem like a year and a month like a decade. But as I take the time to look back a this past year I realize the vast amount of "things" that have happened. I have had more good and exciting things happen in the past year than many people have happen to them in a lifetime. I am truly blessed in more ways than I could ever have imagined.
I think back to New Year Eve and what it was 10 years ago...(I won't write it, as some information could be incriminating and my children may read this one day). I remember the fun and the recovery needed on New Years Day. Now we eat a lot, we drink a little, we spend time with our kids let them stay up late and do whatever they want. New Years Day is for hanging out watching movies and eating leftovers.
For possibly the first time ever I am finding myself nostalgic this year. I'm not sure why. I know it has to do with where we are in our lives and where we go from here. In this past year we have moved into the house we plan on staying in while our children grow up and for the first time in 5 years we are not thinking about having babies (we will not be having more children no matter what the rest of you think) . We have moved into a different stage of life and I don't think I realized it until this Christmas. Our "plan" for what our family would be is completed (plus one...over achievers) that is one giant checklist that we can be done with. Now we enjoy what we have built. We continue on to the next stage of life- parenting and family. I look forward to every aspect of it and what every new year has to bring. And I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not comment because I am crying. You have brought such joy to our lives.(before an after the angels) Wishing you a very happy new year and many more in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Leah,

It is amazing how we do become reasonable, responsible adults ...especially when resposibilities include four little ones. Enjoy this time no matter how crazy and sleepless. The years will fly and you'll once again have a chance at having no responsiblity ...not likely.

I look forward to watching the whole family grow and develop. Most of all, I cherish being a part of some of the crazy and some of the fun.

Happy new year.
Hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love this Leah! I like this side of you!! :) It is beautiful to be grateful during all of your chaos! You are in the moment and savoring all you have! I'm in awe of all that you do!! ~Jannine